Planning a Mexican Motorcycle Trip
Taking your motorcycle into Mexico is simular to other trips you have taken; You will need to:
- Pack wisely! There is limited storage. Check weather and prepare alternative routes, have weather-appropriate attire. Plan for flexibility.
- Always good advice to pack a repair kit and make sure the motorcycle is in good running order before the trip: Tires, Controls, Lights, Oils and fluids, Chassis, and Stands..
- Know your stops ahead of time
- Wear your safety gear. This means a full-face helmet, gloves, protective pants, and boots.
In addition to the normal plans you would make for a US trip:
- Have your travel documents:
- Bring a Spanish - English, English - Spanish dictionary: A large amount of the Mexican economy comes from American tourists. Many understand and speak english, most likely you will not need to use the dictionary. However if you make an attempt to speak spanish they will appreciate it. Basic needs such as food, water, sleep can be easily communicated with gestures.
- Cell Phones: More people have cell phones in Mexico than home phones; However the Mexican service providers are not the same providers as those who provide US service. Unless you use a Mexican provider you will be using roaming service. One money saving tip if you intend to use a lot of air time is to pick up a low cost prepay cell phone.
"Instant" Mexico Auto Insurance
Since 1973 we have been your
ONE-STOP CENTER for all of your travel needs.
Have any questions? Call us at
(800)345-4701 or (619)428-4714